Thursday 21 March 2013

As you walk by


As you walk by
Looking at the sky
Remember me
And ask yourself why

As I smoke my fag
In my sleeping bag
Remember me
As I take a drag

As I sleep on the street
Writing words unique
Remember me
I must repeat

As I drink my beer
To improve my career
Remember me
Do you hear

As I ask for money
Oh yes honey
Remember me
Isn't it funny

With no I.D.
Or benefits you see
Remember me
And my words for free

As I do what I do
Like a busker too
Remember me
And I'll remember you

As I hear what you say
In a sad way
Remember me
I'll be famous one day

As I won't quit
No not a bit
So remember me
Where I sit

In a doorway
In Brighton today
Remember me
In a crazy way

With no local connection
What a reaction
Remember me 
With satisfaction

As you walk by
Looking at the sky
Remember me
And ask yourself why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.