Monday 13 May 2013

Dam Brighton Council


Dam dam dam 
Is what I can say
To Brighton council
At the end of the day

For being so pathetic
Towards a down and out
Who's really an artist
Most people simply shout

Yet no matter how I try
To better myself now
I end up in the papers
For messing up somehow

Yet if you have no home
Then what you gonna do
Your gonna rob and steal
Or beg on the streets too

Yet I create art
And busk with it yes
So I can live life
On peanuts I guess

Yet the bigger I go
And try to help others too
By giving them a chance
Of something real new

The council don't like me
For putting up a tent
So we could have a little luxury
That's money well spent

Then others buy you duvets
That change your life around
From sleeping in a doorway
On a really cold ground

Then you get a camping stove
Eatting three meals a day
Wow how your life has changed
In a really simple way

Then you get an eviction notice
For having up a tent
That's simply keeping you dry
On this magical stint

While taken on another person
Who is homeless too
Who's an alcoholic
That everyone hates true

For their normally shoutting abuse
While shoplifting as well
Now their picking up stones
With a better story to tell

Becoming sober
And talking to people alright
Having clean clothes
The futures looking bright

Yet the eviction notice hovers
Twisting our simple minds
Blowing up or dreams
Of having better times

So back to the doorway
We simply go
Back to drinking heavily
And smoking loads of blow

Well this is what has happened
After one hell of a life
As I the crazy artist
Who made a sacrifice

To show how hard it is
To change your life around
From being a homeless person
Who sleeps on the ground

To becoming a pebble artist
Who sculptures for free
Loose pebbles on a beach
Simply by the sea

Which takes many days
And looks awesome upon the shore
Just a pity Brighton council
Don't help me a bit more

Or their homeless charities
That help give us all support
Even though they don't really care
About one homeless mans report

So no much wonder many artists
Simply sleep outside
Because they love live art
That comes from their pride

So if you are an artist
And you come up with something new
Then keep breaking all the rules
Because that's what you have to do

For you are no one special
If you have no money or are clean
So go break all the rules
And live the flipping dream

And tell all flipping councils
You don't care no more
For Brighton was my arts birthplace
Upon the UK shore

And I'm the only one 
Who creates big sculptures for free
That's why artists from the UK
Don't get help you see

Yet one day I will make it
In my own simple way
And I will always be helping others
Who live day by day

For they need my help
More than the charities do
Because life is not easy
And the homeless know it too

Never judge a book by its cover
Is what you all say
Well never judge someones name
Or how they look on that day

For many homeless I know
Don't want to be seen this way
And would love my help
So they can live day by day

So they can get a flat
Before it's far to late
And their the next to die
Just like my best mate

Oh well that is life
For many a down and out
But if you don't give them a chance
Then they'll never feel what real life's all about

And that's helping others
While enjoying life too
To rise among the toughest
To show what they can do

To put smiles on many faces
Even though they're in a state
But this is real life
Which is tempting fate


Click on the link above to see what I really do and how hard it has been for someone like myself to be the person I am.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.